Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
The Dobermann • View topic - natural tail type
It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: natural tail type
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:48 pm 

Hi folks!

We cannot really do much about docking ban in some of the EU countries but fortunately lots of breeders still continue breeding which is good, people are starting to get on with the dobes natural tail.
For those who kinda accepted natural tails: what type of tail do you prefer - lets say it is corectly set but what about its shape and the way the dogs keep it? Do breeders consider the type of tail when choosing a male to mate bitch or they just don't bother? :-)

http://www.destinys-child.co.uk

Post subject: Re: natural tail type
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:58 am 

Personally i wouldnt get a dob with a tail. If i had to chose i would buy from the States so i would have a cropped tail

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:54 am 

Hallo, I've got a male with long tail, he took his tail like a ?.
Our standard doesn't talk about type of tail, or wrong type or correct type.
So you can see a lot of differences

this my dog

this is castella v nemesis

this is ramonburg's elektra

we need that they put in the standard the correct shape of the tail, or what types are corrects and what types are wrong

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:22 pm 

I guess the tail shapes itself according to the dog's mood. If he's paying attention to something, he rolls his tail on his back, like in the first photo. I must confess I like cropped and docked dobermanns because I got used only to this kind of dobe. In Romania an uncropped and undocked dobermann is a very rare sight. On the other hand, they are dobermanns no matter what, the same intelligence, beautiful character and ellegance. Do you think there will be some standard regulations on how the dog should wear its tail like in other breeds? It would make sense, in a way...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:02 pm 

If we had an idea of the correct tail we can selectioned the standard type.

Now all the undocked dobies have a different tail shape.

Tasha I think that all the dobermann are beautiful, like you, the cropped and docked at first sight, gave you an idea of aggressive dog (if you don't know the breed like the 80 per cent of the people that are around in our cities) a uncropped and undocked isn't recognize as a DOBERMANN, so they ask to made him a caress, and after when they know the breed they want know why all the others are cropped and docked.

Only 2 time in near 5 years of my dogs prefer the docked and cropped type (of a normal people) but in the dobermann world, is totally different the people dislike (in italy) the uncropped and undocked dog, because they told me isn't a dobermann.

Is a different way of thinking.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:21 pm 

I think the major problem we have Worldwide is the right to "choose", as an individual you should decide whether your Dogs tail should be long or short. Too many Governments are interfering with something they nothing about. As an individual we should have rights............

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:12 pm 

Paul, you are a parson and you can choose what you want for you, and you choose what you want for your dog, he can't choose.........but I'm sure that if he can he doesn't want to be docked or cropped.